viernes, 20 de agosto de 2010

Universal Behaviors I Observed;

-People marry for many reasons, including one or more of the following: legal, social, emotional, economical, spiritual, and religious. Yesterday I went to a marriage ceremony. I saw one of my best friends getting marriage with her boyfriend; they went to the church together, the churchman blessed them and after that a little party celebrating the occasion. It is a universal behavior because that happens in all over the world. Ceremony and celebration might change drastically in each place, but the behavior has the same objective.

-I was in a delicious fast food restaurant and I saw people doing line for get their orders, immediately I thought that it is a universal behavior because in all the world people line-up. It is like an organization rule to get what you need in a populated place, people in line (first-come, first-served) wait for goods or services. Examples include checking out groceries or other goods that have been collected in a self service shop, in a shop without self service, at an ATM, at a ticket desk, a city bus, or in a taxi stand.

Cultural Behaviors;

-I went to work training; it was a meeting with an important psychologist to talk about children and their needs, the event was at 6 pm, but it started at 7:30 pm because the “important psychologist” arrived late. I think it is a cultural behavior because in this country is common observe how important events start late. That happens from small meetings through big concerts and political events.

-That example is something that happens to a friend, so I didn’t observe it, but I think is a great cultural behavior.She was invited by a Russian friend out to dinner. At the end of a wonderful meal her friend asked if she would like a banana. She politely declined and thanked him, and explained she was most satisfied with the meal. But the whole while her mind was racing: "What do I do? Do I offer her a banana even though they are as close to him as they are to me? What is the polite thing to do?".
The cultural behavior is that in Russia, when a man peels a banana for a lady it means he has a romantic interest in her.

Personal Behavior;

-One day during my English class children were seen a movie, at the end of the movie one of them started crying a lot. He was crying because of the movie. I think it is a personal behavior because is his own way to react to different life circumstances. Also it is personally because this reaction can change individually and doesn’t depend on culture.

3 comentarios:

  1. What a complicated homework, fortunatly is is already done !!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I hadn´t thought in the "people line-up" example, but it´s very good because it´s true everybody around the world do it!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hmm, actually, I'd say that universal would be "eating", but not necessarily forming lines. In lots of places, people form clusters or "mobs" of people to get services, board trains, etc.

    Good thoughts, though!

    ResponderEliminar